torsdag den 22. juli 2010

A beautiful evening





Last night, I treated myself with a warm meal for supper. On my first day in Ramallah I did a bit of grocery shopping, and among the obligatories of top-notch home cooking was pasta and tomato sauce. My culinary intentions soon came to an end, though, as I came to realise that my well-equipped kitchen did not house a stove. Day after day, the mogging of my un-cookable pasta left me with an increasing yearning for all sorts of pasta dishes, and yesterday I finally gave in. I went to Pronto's, an Italian restaurant in Ramallah, and to the sound of jazz music I enjoyed a beautiful meal while watching the sun set.

On my stroll back to home, the strong scent of jasmine flowers worked as magic dust in the cool air. You hardly notice these flowers during the day, but at night they send out their wonderful smell and you realise that they are everywhere.

To fulfil a perfect evening, I stayed up late and watched a few films with my roommate. When the early hours of the morning had finally made the street silent, it was time to go to sleep.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar