søndag den 4. juli 2010

A few words from Ramallah


Aah, asiir limuun: Fresh lemon juice with mint and sugar. It simply does not get any better. The fresh mint, slightly bitter lemon and the sugary twist is the taste of summer and good life.



I have been in Ramallah a few days now and things are good. Everybody is friendly and meets me with curiosity, kindness and polite attempts to understand my Arabic. To say the least, my vocabulary is inadequate and my pronounciation is not always as understable as I would like it to be.


My work at PYALARA is in progress. I will be working together with Ahmed, who has been with the NGO for around ten years, and we will conduct a course in journalism and creative writing in English. At this moment there is a great deal of planning to do, but we are getting there, and Friday we will get started. It will be challenging - and great fun!





Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar