tirsdag den 29. juni 2010

Buzz of butterflies



Busy, narrow streets, dazzling heat, the sounds of traffic mixing with church bells and calls for prayer from the minarets. Oh yes. I have butterflies in my stomach. Tomorrow, I am going to Palestine and Israel and I constantly find myself breathless with excitement. It will be my second time there. My first trip to the area was arranged by Logumkloster Folk Highschool and I went with a group of other young Danes.This time, I will be on my own.

So far, my plans are to work for a Palestinian Youth Association called PYALARA: Palestinian Youth Association for Leadership and Rights Activation. In this organisation they introduce young Palestinians to different media in order to give them journalistic skills and a channel for expressing themselves. At this point, I am not quite sure what my jobs or projects will be like, so more about this later.

I will be staying in Ramallah. Ramallah is one of the biggest cities in The West Bank and is located about 15 km north of Jerusalem. I have been in Ramallah before but on a one day trip only, and I can't wait to come back and make this hectic, chaotic – and most likely amazing – city my new, temporary home.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar